A – Introduction
- The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains practices with your personal information.
B – Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- Information about your computer, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system in the course of running data analytics programs;
- Information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- Information, such as your name and email address, when using the messaging tool or that you enter to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters, as available;
- Information that you enter while using the services on this website;
- Information that is generated while using this website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- Information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through this website, including its communication content and metadata;
- Any other personal information that you send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
C – Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through this website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of this website. We may use your personal information for the following:
- Administering this website and business;
- Personalizing this website for you;
- Enabling your use of the services available on this website;
- Supplying services purchased through this website;
- Sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- Sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Sending you an email newsletter, if or as available, (you can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive the newsletter);
- Sending you marketing communications related to our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties which may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive these kinds of marketing communications);
- Providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual users from this information);
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you related to this website;
- Keeping this website secure and preventing fraud;
- Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of this website (including monitoring private messages sent through this website’s private messaging service); and
- Other uses.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
D – Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in my reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, I will not provide your personal information to third parties.
E – International data transfers
- Information gathered on this website may be transferred to the following countries in the course of normal business processes which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
- Client or personal information published on this website, such as testimonials, may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section E.
F – Retaining personal information
- This Section G sets out our data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that we are in compliance with legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of clients’ personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes, which include the possibility of assisting clients with document updates.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section G, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
G – Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
H – Amendments
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on this website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the messaging tool on this website.
I – Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information that we are holding about you; provision of such information will be subject to our confirming your identity.
You may instruct us at any time not to allow the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will be contacted in advance about the possibility of using your information for marketing purposes.
J – Third-party websites
This website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third-party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
K – Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information that we are holding about you needs to be corrected or updated.
L – Cookies
- The names of the cookies that are used on this website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- I use Google Analytics on this website to recognize a computer when a user visits the website / track users as they navigate the website / improve the website’s usability / analyze the use of the website / administer the website / prevent fraud and improve the security of the website / personalize the website for each user;
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- In Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- In Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unclicking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- In Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- With Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
- With Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history,” clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- In Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
M – California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
N – Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), and we do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.