BB’s Aquatic Service LLC is a locally-owned and evolving small business. We are looking to grow our team with people who are as passionate as we are! If you enjoy hands-on experience and working outdoors, then BB’s Aquatics may be the perfect place for you!
We are now hiring for the Pond Maintenance Laborer position!
Pond Maintenance Laborer
The Pond Maintenance Laborer performs tasks involving intense physical labor under adverse field conditions to build water features, and is responsible for the execution of pond maintenance and clean-outs for the clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine materials to stock each day for jobs
- Assist with loading and unloading work truck with products and tools
- Participate in the construction of water features
- Excavation of pond
- Hook up plumbing, BioFalls, and skimmer
- Install liner and underlayment
- Rock in pond
- Build waterfall
- Install underwater lighting
- Wash rocks and fill pond
- Trim and hide liner, bring in top soil and mulch
- Thoroughly clean area
- Execution of pond maintenance and clean-outs
- Pond repairs and improvements as needed
- Purchase necessary materials for jobs as required
- Communicate with customers in a friendly and helpful manner
- Discuss pond maintenance
- Suggest additional features and products
- Recommend pond improvements, water treatments, lighting additions, or other enhancements
- Perform any other tasks as assigned
- Report maintenance issues with vehicles and machines
- Maintain and keep correct inventory of tools
- Keep trailer, vehicles, and construction area neat and organized
- Comply with company safety policy, procedure, and practices
- Special projects as required
- 18 years or older
- Valid driver’s license
- Available to work Monday – Friday 6am to 6pm
- Some weekend work required throughout the year
- Ability to travel (work vehicle provided) to multiple site locations to meet the needs of the business
- Willing to get hands dirty and work outside under adverse weather conditions
- Good communication skills
- Ideal candidate will be creative, self-motivated, able to follow direction, and be a team player
- Knowledge of pond industry a plus, but not required
- This position requires working outdoors, often through inclement weather conditions, usually 9 months of the year
- The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time, and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Must be able to lift 85 lbs. Must be able to bend, stoop, and squat throughout an 8-12 hour shift.
Typical work week is Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm (these times can vary depending on work load).
This is an hourly position, wage can range from 13-20 dollars per hour(depending on experience).
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume (and any relevant information) to firstname.lastname@example.org
BB’s Aquatic Service LLC is an equal opportunity employer